Welcome to Dick's Blog

Sticking up for the little guys...

Monday 4 April 2011

1. Hello from Dick

Thanks for visiting my page.  I'm Dick Everyman and recent events have prompted me to make contact with the big wide world.  You'll see from my profile I've had it tough over the past few years.  Being locked and forgotten about in an attic since 1967 could have had some severe psychological effects on me but somehow I survived.  Maybe it was my training as a fighter pilot that equipped me with my survival instincts or perhaps I was just made that way.

There was a time when I was alone in the dark when I heard a buzzing in my head that went on day and night.  I thought I had finally cracked until I discovered it was a wasp nest under the eaves.  It's been tough, but I'm not going to dwell on that stage of my life.  It's time to move on.

I really have to thank global warming and related government policy for my freedom.   You see, the new owners of the house I was locked up in decided to lag the loft after a government grant incentive. So I was taken down and stuffed in the back of a pick up truck along with three suitcases, a bike, an old TV and 12 rolls of anaglypta.  The dump was closed so we all ended up in a clearing at the end of a country lane.

After dusting myself off I found myself in the great outdoors facing all the elements that god in all his glory could throw at me.  It was then that I saw it.  A copy of a party political manifesto blew into my lap.  At first I thought I'd burn it to keep myself warm but some nagging instinct told me to look at it.  I could not believe what I was reading.  It spelled out how wonderful life was going to be from now on.  No one had to worry anymore because this was the dawn of something special, I had arrived in Utopia.  After more than forty years the lights had been switched on and I was going to experience the Big Society!

I climbed to the top of the cliff behind me and looked down at the garbage.  That I decide was my compost.  From now on I would grow and flourish.  I would be a champion of the Big Society, nothing was going to stop me and that dear friend is where my story begins....

This is Dick signing off until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to Dick but no profanity please...